27/08/26

Sneek Peek #1

 
 I should probably post something actually related to my sprites so... here's a quick look at what I'm working on right now.

 
 I quite like the Goomy line! Though seeing as I'm doing Toxapex after the Sliggoos instead of the Goodras does put into perspective how unfocused my process is. Well, at least I redid my Goomy recently.
 

 Pretty neat, eh? The old Goomy dates back to December of 2024, though the version on the left is a slightly downsized version of it I put on my Dropbox just a month later. You can tell even that wasn't enough for me since the new one is still smaller than that. I don't think the old one is bad per se, but generation 2 sprites really pop out more when they have contrasting colors. It's not possible with every Pokemon's design, but with a little creativity white serves as a great substitute for lighter colors in many cases. 
 
 
 The new Goomy and Sliggoo do mean I'll have to redo my regular Goodra to match whenever I get to it, which I think will suffer the most from losing out on its two purples, but I'm sure I can make do. At least I didn't waste any time animating that one.
 
 Anyway, that's plenty for today. If anybody is actually reading this, I hope you've enjoyed this little glimpse into my super unorganized process. By the way, Blogger has a comment feature so if you've got any questions about... well, anything really, feel free to ask away. I'll be more than glad to answer to the best of my ability.
 
Cya next time ~
Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment