Howdy hey, it's ya boy, Sage. Not my actual name of course, but I've been using it online since at least 2015 so it may as well be at this point. Anyway, welcome to my blog!
This is the beginning of what I'd like to think of as a glimpse into my fucked-up mind. Why is it fucked up, might you ask? Simple, I really like pixel art; mainly that which is in the style of Pokemon's second generation. I'm not even sure why I like it so much, Gold, Silver, and Crystal aren't even my favorite games in the franchise. Maybe it's the simplicity of the style? Well, maybe I'll figure that out later. The point is, I'm gonna be posting my journey making the sort of sprites I'm known for at this point, and hopefully more as I go.
You've probably noticed already, but my style of writing is a bit wordy and disjointed. If you don't like that, I do apologize, but that's probably how every post here is gonna be. I could and probably should write a little more professionally, but I also want to consider this a diary of sorts. Wait no, Greg Heffley wouldn't approve of that. Journal it is. Anyway, I plan of sharing more personal thoughts later down the line, stuff I wouldn't normally share on Twitter or Bluesky in fear of getting bullied by the local alt-right blue checkmark nutjobs. I've noticed there's a tag system I'll be using so if this sort of thing isn't your style, you'll be able to filter it out.
Why in hell did I decide to start a blog in the year 2026? Well, back when I was first browsing the internet, long before I should've been allowed on it, I would frequent random blogs and forums and just read whatever was there to be read. I kind of miss that feeling, and obviously I know writing my own blog is inherently different to reading them, but eh, whatever. It's a good excuse to be more diligent with documenting my progress as an artist, and maybe a way to vent every once in a while.
I don't expect to get much of an audience here, but naturally I'll link this on my socials and see if I can get at least a few readers. I don't know how frequently I'll post, or how long said posts will be. Hell, I haven't even bothered learning how to use Blogger properly yet. I'm pretty much winging it. But hey, maybe it'll be fun for everyone involved.
I don't expect to get much of an audience here, but naturally I'll link this on my socials and see if I can get at least a few readers. I don't know how frequently I'll post, or how long said posts will be. Hell, I haven't even bothered learning how to use Blogger properly yet. I'm pretty much winging it. But hey, maybe it'll be fun for everyone involved.
Cya next time ~
Sage
Hey! We got the same reason to start a blog (my blog is currently only in Spanish though lol)
ReplyDeleteI think the internet should become more about the people and less about the big corpos once again.
I like your style!
I do quite like the simpler and less social-media focused vibe here.
DeleteY no te preocupes, soy mas de capaz de leer tu blog!