28/08/26

Sprite Progress #1


 Don't expect this every day, but I've gone and finished Hisuian Sliggoo! 

 I had a bit of trouble with its shell and went through a few iterations before deciding on the final version. It mostly boiled down to making it a distinct color from the gooey body and making it seem as smooth as a metal shell would.


 You might notice the Hisuian Sliggoo is actually edited off the original one, or at least part of it. This is something I usually do for regional variants or other forms that maintain large similarities with their original forms.


 Some are much harder to notice such as with my Ursalunas, but if you pay close attention you'll see the head shape is nearly identical. Smaller portions of Bloodmoon's body are also edited from the original, while also containing completely new portions.

 Doing this helps cut down on the time it takes to make these sprites, and if I do it well enough I can avoid it being distracting. I could make entirely 100% new sprites for some of these, but doing it like this is more convenient and helps me make both sprites more visually consistent with each other.

 I didn't have a ton to share today, and most posts are likely to be close to this in terms of simplicity, so there's a fair warning in you end up reading anything here at all.

 

Cya next time ~

Sage 

1 comment: