A bit of a longer post for today, so get ready to spend an extra minute or two reading. I didn't get much done today, though I suppose it's about time I start showing off the Pokemon's backsprites. In this case, let's take a look at Kecleon's.
I'm quite proud of my work on Kecleon, and here you can see both regular and Purple Kecleon's regular and shiny variations. The Purple Kecleon is from the Mystery Dungeon games and anime for those who don't know. It is just a palette swap of the original, but that's because I don't believe putting in the effort to make an entirely new sprite for a recolored version of it is worth my time, at least not at the moment. It doesn't appear in any mainline game and doesn't have a canonical shiny, so I came up with my own.
I did give the two a small distinction beyond their color schemes, and that's with the animation. It's nothing crazy, but the regular one fades as it camouflages from the top down, and the purple one from the bottom up.
Anyway, let's get looking at what I've got planned to do next. A month and a half ago, I teased what Pokemon I'd be making sprites for next. I haven't got a ton done since then, and that's mainly due to one thing. This calendar year has perhaps been my most productive so far, with 116 distinct Pokemon/forms being completed and uploaded to my Dropbox. A couple of times throughout all of that, I got severely burnt out. Whenever that happens, I tend to take weeks if not months off from anything relating to spritework. I'm only just coming back from my most recent bout of burnout, so I'm not at full throttle yet.
This is one of those placeholders that I put extra care into, pose and all. Not to toot my own horn, but I really like what I've got here, and think the final sprite is gonna look fantastic. Once I finish it, I plan on tackling the Tapus next.
I've been putting a lot of effort into completing Gen 7, and the four guardian deities of Alola were ones I've been putting off for a long time because I didn't think I'd do them justice. That has changed as I've grown more confident in my skill, so please look forward to those when I get to them. That being said, I may take a bit longer completing them since they're fairly detailed designs that will be harder to translate into Gen 2's style.
Cya next time ~
Sage
Excited to see the Tapus!
ReplyDeleteYou and me both, haha!
Delete