30/08/26

Sprite Progress #3


 After subjecting myself to some rage-inducing games of Deadlock (I am a filthy Dynamo main), I decided I ought to finally tackle making a sprite for Kecleon. This one was quite fun to sprite, partially because the little fella has an excellent design, but mainly because I had put extra care into the placeholder's pose.


 The final sprite didn't end up with the an exact 1:1 pose, after all I did lift its leg up, but you can see how everything else is pretty much the same. The proportions are also a bit different, mainly in regards to the head. Speaking of the head, one quirk with Gen 2's style: many Pokemon have their heads slightly larger than their official designs. I assume this was to allow more detail and expressiveness to be shown on their faces, and I usually follow that with my own sprites. I also have a tendency to make my sprites a smidge pudgier than they're supposed to be, but that's just a personal preference.

 With this one's shiny I chose to keep the blue stripe on its belly, but I changed the green. Kecleon's shiny normally has a green much closer to the regular version. I went for a much more different green just because I felt it would contrast with the blue better.

 I've still not animated it or made a backsprite for it yet, but I'll take care of that soon. I did, however, completely finish Toxapex, though I won't be uploading it to my Dropbox until I have a big enough group of sprites to test in PokeCrystal all at once.

Cya next time ~
Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment